August 7, 2009
Forrester Research said that:
- Eventhougth America economy is growing well but some effects are:
- A survey indicates that less than 10% of American workers loose jobs due to American Job outsourcing which makes the picture clear that the problem is somewhere else.
- A total of 3.3 millionIT jobs will be moved overseas in between 2000-2015.
- White-collar jobs will be sent offshore￢ﾀﾔabout 220,000 a year on average￢ﾀﾔincluding 473,000 hardware and software computer jobs, 226,000 sales jobs, 184,000 architecture jobs, 75,000 legal jobs, and 1.66 million back-office jobs
- Forrester estimates that the wages lost from moving all these jobs offshore will total $136 billion by 2015.
- While we worry about our education system and graduation rates, we’re overlooking the real problem￢ﾀﾔthat globalization is rapidly leading to critical research and development functions moving offshore.
- The telecom industry highlights this issue, and points to the need to develop a plan to encourage businesses to keep operations and critical research in the U.S