Mostly companies use Mashups, because they are cheap and easy to build. Here are some top companies listed below :
* International Business Machines Corp. and Microsoft Corp., recently released easy-to-use mashup-building tools.
* IBM in February launched QEDWiki, which provides developers with a portal where they can choose which applications to include in a mashup and define how they want these applications to work together.
* Microsoft’s mashup tool, Popfly, works with its SharePoint collaboration software. Google Inc. has let developers make mashups with its popular mapping software since 2005.
* WSO2 is the open source SOA company building a complete, lightweight, easy-to-use SOA platform of an mashup server. It is openly developed and released under the Apache open source license.
For eg . , if you take this WSO2 company . It provides the highest level of services around SOA and webservices. Lets see the versions :
ABOUT WSO2 :
WSO2 is the open source SOA company founded by pioneers in Web services and of members of the Apache Software Foundation Web services community. The company is delivering a new, entirely open source middleware stack that is optimized for Web services and SOA.
COMPANY PRODUCTS :
Application server, an enterprise service bus, a mashup server, a registry & repository
Mashup in WSO2 :
The open source Mashup Server for the first time combines the simplicity and richness of mashups with the reusability, security, reliability and governance required for a service-oriented architecture (SOA). These mashups can be published, shared, rated, tagged, commented upon, and searched to maximize their value to the enterprise.
The WSO2 Mashup Server provides a unique and powerful platform for consuming information in a variety of forms including Web services, HTML, and feeds, processing and aggregating that information, and publishing the result as a new Web service.
Versions released in Mashups:
General features :
* API documentation
* WSRequest – invoke services from the mashup services
* File : File storage/manipulation functionality
* Scraper: Taken data from HTML pages and present in XML format.
* Released on 6th july 2007
* v 0.1 version ￢ﾀﾓ mashup server
* license issued by apache license v2.0
* WSDL ( Web Services Description Language ) Here it defines services as collections of network endpoints, or ports.
* WSDL2 version is used.
Second version :
* Released on 4th October 2007
* V 0.2 version ￢ﾀﾓ mashup server
* License issued by apache licensev2.0
* WSDL1.1 version is used.
* WSDL2.0 version is used.
Third version :
* Relesed on 19th December 2007
* 1.0 Beta ￢ﾀﾓ mashup server
* License issued by apache license v2.0
Fourth version :
* 1.0 ￢ﾀﾓ mashup server
* Improved user management support for administrators
* Improved sharing and downloading of mashups based on user accounts
* Special private folder to store private data for each mashup
* Improved tooling support.
* An expanded toolkit of generic building-block services.
* Improved access control.
* Samples and tools to use mashups in even more places like portal and widget.