Introduction for Operating System
August 7, 2009
tags: Operating System
Operating System is a system program. It controls the execution of application programs and act as an interface between the user of a computer and the computer hardware.
Without os, the computer is worthless. OS is initially loaded into the computer after initializing hardware.
Computer Software is divided into two kinds. One is the system program and second one is the application program.
It manages the operation of the computer itself. For example compiler and interpreter.
It performs the actual work the user wants. For example the user have to write the some documents in word processing. So the Word Processing is an example for application program.
WHAT IS THE USE OF OPERATING SYSTEM?
1. The operating system consists of hundreds of thousands of lines of program code and stored on hard disk
2. Managing Files and Documents
3. Development of Programs and Software
4. Easily communicating between people and with other computer systems
5. Managing user requirements for programs and other documents.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows NT Workstation is known as a general purpose of operating system. It is used to run a number of different programs such as games, word processing, business application.
from → Operating System